Saturday 6 April 2013

Broken bones :(

So after 15 years of parenting it finally happened......we have our first broken bone :(

A freak pushchair accident at the zoo left my poor 3 year old daughter with a fractured tibia. An overnight stay in hospital and a full leg cast later, and she is doing well.


She didn't scream or cry when she did it, and shes rarely cried since. She is a little star, coping so well with being immobile. I'd even go so far as to say shes embracing her inner diva, and loving having the rest of us running around after her ;)

I did feel bad for her on Easter Sunday though. Unable to run around egg hunting with her brother and sisters, she sat indoors at my parents' house and watched them out of the window. She didn't complain once though! I can't help but think that if it was me I wouldn't be quite so accepting lol. My little star has taught me so much this last week. I just wish she didn't have to suffer to do so :( I wish I could rewind time and stop it from happening, or at least take away her pain. My poor baby :(

No comments:

Post a Comment